Artweeks is an open studios and art trail event that takes place each May in which anyone can take part if they live or work in Oxfordshire. If you would like to exhibit, you need to register as an Artweeks member, find a venue for your exhibition and sign up to exhibit either a solo artist or as part of a group exhibition. If you represent an organisation, you can register either as a business or gallery or, if you are a school, charity or community group, as a non-selling exhibition.
If you're thinking of exhibiting next year, read more about what Artweeks does for you, find out about costs, key dates and look at the Artweeks regions map. (If you don't have a venue you can use, then we may be able to help.)
You can sign up here or scroll down for all the details.
Come and meet the festival director and hear more at our free sessions which last around an hour:
- Cornerstone Arts, Didcot; Tuesday 1st October 2019 6-7.30pm
- The Said Business School (NB change of venue), Oxford; Monday 7th October 2019 6-7.30pm
- The Mill, Banbury; Thursday 10th October 2019 6-7.30pm
- Watlington Town Hall, Watlington; Monday 14th October 2019 7-8.30pm
- West Ox Arts Gallery, Bampton; Wednesday 16th October 2019 6-7.30pm
Please do let us know if you are planning to come - at firstname.lastname@example.org - in case there is any last minute change to the arrangements.
You can read the experiences of two newcomers in 2017 here.
Registration for Artweeks 2020 opens in September and your entry must be received by the end of December for on-line entries (or by the end of November for postal paper entries).
All the details
- Artweeks is non-selective and open to all artists living or working in Oxfordshire or artists that have a studio in Oxfordshire. Artweeks is also open to artists that live outside the county but are members of an established Oxfordshire based art group, society or guild.
- The application period runs from September to December each year.
- All work must be original and made by the exhibiting artist.
- Artists may enter Artweeks as individuals, small groups, large groups, non-selling groups or as a business/gallery.
What do I have to do?
1. Become a member
- As Oxfordshire Artweeks is a not-for-profit members company, all artists wishing to exhibit must also be a member of Oxfordshire Artweeks, for the year they are exhibiting. Only artists who have paid the current membership and entry fees are permitted to exhibit at the Artweeks’ sites
- A year’s membership runs from 1st Jan-31st Dec. (See membership details for more details)
- Membership Forms and fees may be submitted from September for the following year. (See membership details)
- All exhibiting artists must pay their membership before entering their exhibition details. (See key dates and exhibition options).
2. Submit your exhibition entry
- Choose how you would like to exhibit: as an individual or as part of a small group or large group, non-selling group or as a business/gallery (see exhibition options for more details)
NOTE: All groups must appoint a co-ordinator. This person will then be responsible for returning all completed Membership and Application forms for the group and will be our primary point of contact for the exhibition.
- If you are not planning to exhibit in your home/studio, find a venue in which to exhibit.
- Work out which region you will be exhibiting in: Artweeks is split into three Regions - North Oxfordshire, South Oxfordshire or Oxford City (see regions map) – and each has different core dates.
- Opening hours should be from 11-6 with a 11-8 late night on Thursday or Friday, though an earlier start is often appreciated by visitors.
- Choose one image (no smaller than 800 pixels by 800 pixels) and decide upon a brief description for the exhibition (approx. 12-15 words). Please note that we recommend your image is square, and colourful too if appropriate. This is your primary tool for attracting visitors using the festival guide to make their Artweeks plans so take care to choose a striking image that best represents your work. We suggest printing your image at ‘postage stamp size’ to test it on paper and if you have several options, ask friends and family for their popular choice.
- Exhibiting artists must complete an entry form and pay the appropriate fees by the closing date to be included in the following year’s festival. (See exhibition options for up to date information)
- Entry applications are accepted from September. The closing date is December each year. (See key dates)
NOTE: Exhibitors may not invite guest exhibitors who are not members of Artweeks to exhibit with them. Failure to comply will result in automatic disqualification from the event.