Venue, Timing, Cost
COLOUR AS MUSIC: CREATING HARMONIES AND DISCORDS
Experiment with strong, bright and saturated colour palettes to light up your painting.
You’ll be learning more about harmonious colour-on-colour combinations and how far you might go to enliven a painting by introducing unexpected colours or surprising discords.
- Can be booked singly or in any combination with other days in this series.
- Identifies one aspect of painting practice as a starting point, with an openness about the end point.
- Begins in the studio, moves outside to work directly from landscape (in the broadest sense) then most people choose to paint back at the studio.
- Is taught in watercolour with mixed media drawing, working directly from varied landscapes at Waterperry Gardens.
- Is suitable for anyone age 19+ (including enthusiastic beginners) able to work from 3D subject matter and happy to experiment. Less experienced artists must be able to carry on drawing or painting without step-by-step guidance or working from a tutor’s example. There’s no house style - we want you to develop your own :-)
Ella has 25 years’ teaching experience of identifying painting issues to focus on and demystifying what artists do. She offers generous input and specific one-to-one feedback for artists who enjoy experimental work and want to progress, whatever your current starting point.
Workshops typically include: short demonstrations of relevant processes, a mix of exercises and independent painting and an encouraging atmosphere, enriched by wider art/visual culture references and individual feedback.