Open from 8th, 9th, 13th 14th 15th and 16th of May when the rule of no more than 6 people outside will apply. Due to the recent government announcement re covid restrictions we have decided to open in addition on the 22nd and 23rd of May when groups of up to thirty can meet outside. It is hoped that this will relieve pressure on the venue. Each day we will be open from 11am to 6pm.
The Blandford Avenue Marquee, covid policy
As a group of 6 six artists we propose to implement the following precautions against covid for ourselves and guests so that all can feel as secure as possible when visiting.
1) On arrival we will ask visitors to record their name, and phone number for track and trace.
2) We will provide hand disinfectant and request that visitors use it.
3) Artists and visitors are encouraged to wear face masks at all times even though this will be an outside venue.
4) Social distancing would be appreciated unless you are a family group.
5) A one way system will apply.
I am an Oxford based printmaker. I have been printmaking for the past year, my chosen technique is Lino Cut as it compliments the style and process to my art work.
My art is influenced and inspired by pattern, line and shape presently I’m working concurrently on a series of prints inspired by Botanical Line drawing and Block Pattern design.
The print designs are kept purposely minimal and quite simplistic with the intention of making the prints bold and with a stylised look to them.
My colour palette is predominantly black white in particular my prints, this is a style choice to make them both graphic and bold in style.
Studied Fine Art at UWE Bristol, previously exhibited as part of group shows in Oxford, Sydney and Bath.
The examples of my work shown above have all been made firstly by drawing freehand straight onto the lino block, carved and then hand printed.